Metro Music Hall Rules
You can maximize your enjoyment of the show and avoid any issues with Metro Music Hall security by following the rules below. If a specific event allows for items listed below, it will be noted in the show description. If you have any questions, you can contact Metro Music Hall at [email protected]
While Metro Music Hall is primarily standing room only, they do offer accommodations to persons in need. To discuss these accommodations, you will have to contact the venue at [email protected]
COVID-19 Related Policy
Starting October 4, 2021, all shows at Metro Music Hall require proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the show for entry. A digital copy/photo of your vaccination card or negative test will suffice. Masks are also highly encouraged unless actively drinking a beverage.
This decision was made in consideration for the safety of patrons, staff, and artists.
Please email [email protected] for any questions.
Late Arrival Policy
Doors open one hour before the scheduled start of the show. Guests are encouraged to plan their travel and parking arrangements accordingly. Some events may bar entry for late arrivals as specified in the program description. If you have questions please contact the venue at [email protected].
Lost and Found Policy
Lost items can be picked up at Metro Music Hall at any time after 7pm on open nights. The venue does not claim responsibility for any items left behind or that cannot be reclaimed. You may contact the venue at [email protected] for questions about a lost item.
The following items are not allowed at most Metro Music Hall events.
- Unopened Outside Alcohol
- No bags will be permitted into the venue except for small clutches (9″ x 5″ x 2″ max).
- Backpacks of any size are not allowed.
- Cameras with interchangeable/detachable lens or external flash (No Professional Photography)
- Audio/Visual Recording Devices (includes GoPro, Google Glass, Spectacles, etc.)
- Selfie Sticks, Tripods, Monopods
- Outside Food, Beverage, or Alcohol
- Cans, Metal/Glass/Plastic Containers, Bottles, or Flasks (empty or sealed bottles included)
- Laptops, Tablets, Personal Computers, or Two-Way Radios
- Weapons, Firearms, Pepper Spray, Pocket Knives or Mace
- Illegal Drugs or Substances
- Flammable Liquids, Aerosol Cans, or Permanent Markers
- Flashlights, Laser Pointers, Light/Glow Sticks, Flares, or Fireworks
- Noise Making Devices (i.e. Air Horns, whistles, bells, vuvuzelas, etc.)
- Balloons, Balls, Projectiles, or Optical Illusions
- Skateboards, Segways, Scooters, Rollerblades, Bicycles, Hover boards, and Helmets
- Coolers, Ice Chests, Folding Chairs, or Pointed-Tip Umbrellas
- Flowers (unless otherwise permitted by Tour Production)
- Seat Cushions or Booster Seats
- Patrons Without Shoes or Shirt
- Masks, Chains, or Studded Belts/Bracelets
- Drones (without prior written consent from Arena Management)
- Animals or Pets (accommodations made for trained, harnessed, and housebroken service animals)
- Unapproved Pamphlets, Handouts, Ads, or Flyers without prior consent from Arena Management
- Clothing, garments, or signs displaying explicit language, profanity, or derogatory characterization toward any person(s)
- Signs, Flags, or Banners
Management reserves the right to prohibit items not listed above.
Tickets are non-refundable in most circumstances. If you cannot make it to a show, Metro Music Hall recommends giving your ticket confirmation email and/or tickets to your friend and someone at the gate will help them.
If a show is cancelled, then refunds will be automatically issued within five business days. You may email the site you purchased your tickets from if you have not received funds in that time.
Smoking is not allowed inside Metro Music Hall or within 20 feet of the gates. A special patio is available for smokes, vapes, and similar items.
For ticket information and policies please read the Metro Music Hall Tickets page.